Your Cart is Empty

x

5 Most Usual Food-Related Halloween Hazards For Cats And Dogs

by Albert John October 26, 2017

5 Most Usual Food-Related Halloween Hazards For Cats And Dogs

 

1.) Chocolate.

This is one of the most toxic to pets, most especially cats and dogs. A lot of dogs are innately drawn to the taste and smell of chocolate, which makes it an important threat. Universally, the bitter and darker the chocolate is, the more toxic it will be. To prevent problems, you have to keep the Halloween candies out of reach of your pets at all cost.

 

2.) Overindulgence of candies.

In pets, a large intake of high-fat and sugary candies could lead to pancreatitis. Pancreatitis is the swelling of the pancreas, which can be very painful and is potentially fatal. It might not show up for 2 up to 4 days after the candies are ingested by pets. The symptoms include diarrhea, decreased appetite, lethargy, vomiting, abdominal pain, and probably, organ damage or kidney failure.

 

3.) Raisins and grapes.

Raisins are very poisonous to dogs! A very small amount of grapes and raisins could cause failure of kidneys for dogs, and possibly, the cats. Unluckily, dogs can eat any amount and can possibly be poisoned. Thus, any intake of grapes or raisins must be treated as a “poisoning” case.

 

4.) Candy wrappers.

Normally, when pets ingest candy, they do not really bother removing the wrappers. Ingestion of cellophanes and foil can cause a bowel obstruction that can be life-threatening.

 

 5.) Jewelry and glow sticks.

Pets, most especially the cats, relish chewing on these materials. Even though these items are not really life-threatening, their contents could cause irritation and pain in the mouth. Also, profuse foaming and drooling at the mouth.

 

Albert John
Albert John


Leave a comment

Comments will be approved before showing up.


Also in news