10 FACTS ABOUT CATS04. July 2017
DID YOU KNOW THAT…
- Almost 4 million cats in Asia are eaten every year.
- Normally, cats use 2/3 of their day sleeping, every single day. Meaning, a 9-year-old cat has been awoken for only 3 years of its life.
- Cats can produce at least 100 various sounds compared to dogs who only make about 10 sounds.
- The brain of a cat is biologically the same with a human brain compared to a dog’s brain. Both cats and humans have similar regions in their brains that are responsible for emotion.
- Cats are the most popular pets in North America since there are 73 million cats owned by its people. That makes 30% of the household in North America owns a cat.
- A cat is able to jump 5 times higher than its original size in one bound.
- One time in the Holland embassy in Moscow, Russia, there were 2 Siamese cats that kept clawing and meowing at their building’s walls. Finally, their owners investigated hoping they can find mice. However, it’s found out that there were hidden microphones by the spies of Russia. They acted like that because the cats heard the microphones the moment they were turned on.
- Cats can control their outer ear using their 32 muscles while humans only have 6 muscles. Most likely, a cat can rotate its ears 180 degrees.
- Unlike humans, cats do not have sweat glands. Rather, they only sweat through their paws.
- In a span of 7 years, one pair of cats and their offspring can possibly produce a total of 420,000 kittens.
Charity & Donation
100% Secure Checkout